Saturday, January 15, 2011

School, Chitty, and other updates.

So I was inspired to post an update and I decided I would follow it.

First off, started second semester at Judson. Going well I suppose. My classes are fine, not too overwhelming. I am coming to the acceptance that I will be spending this semester in a major I am not passionate about and at a school I am not going to stay at but I know it's where God wants me to be right now.
And hey, it is nice to be learning some of the things I am. Worship Arts has some school stuff I am happy to learn. At the very least, this will be quite a lesson in perseverance and working hard because I want to reflect CHRIST in my work ethic, even when I don't love the project. It's easier to reflect Christ when I am working on something I love, I plan on using this semester to prove I love Christ by working hard on something I don't.
Also, this semester is made harder by the fact that Mon-Thurs just feel in the way of a certain project I AM excited about...

CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG!
First weekend of rehearsals was this weekend. It felt like it took forever to get here.
May I just say I don't think I have been this excited about a show since... maybe Peter Pan?

If you didn't already know, I grew up on Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I have loved this story and this music long before I even knew the show was going to happen for amateur companies.

I learned YOU TWO and Toot Sweets this weekend. Two of my favorite scenes from the movie and actually getting to sing them is pretty sensational. Looking at the schedule, every rehearsal gets me excited. I just can't believe I get to work on a show that is so near to my heart.
Watching Nathan and Grace (Jeremy and Jemima for the one of you who didn't already know that) (yes the one out of the five of you who read my blog) do the opening while racing "run down Chitty", you would have sworn I was their actual father with how happy I was. It just is setting in, I get to share a story that raised me with this new generation and I can't wait.
This may sound over board, I promise I am still level headed about it. I know it's not perfect, I know it's just a show...
but...
the thought of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang just fills me with joy. I feel incredibly blessed to get to sing these songs and that's just a really nice feeling. I know alot of people won't understand, but I don't really car. I'm just happy and, I like it.

So just an update on how I'm feeling about the most recent changes in my life.
I'm really really blessed right now. God rocked my world at New Years and I feel like I had another starting over point with God and him and I are doing really well. I am choosing joy and it's great! I hope you are doing incredible too!

How can I pray for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment