Saturday, September 19, 2009

Say it somehow. Somehow, let's begin.


Saw this show today at 4:30. It was the second time I saw it at the Marriott and third time ever seeing the show in general. (I saw the Broadway tour when it came to Chicago for free because of a friends connection with a cast member in Wicked which was also playing in Chicago at the time)

It was absolutely incredible. The music is fantastic and takes real talent to sing and the story is brilliant.
Max Quinlan's role of Fabrizzo steals the show. That guy can SING.

As the lead woman came out to bow last (Mary Estry I believe) every eye was on her and the whole cast had an arm out to her and I actually said out loud "She's gotta feel really good right now." (or something to that degree) Bowing to all 4 sides of the Marriott stage... how can they not stand up there and think "This is pretty COOL!"

Every time I see a show at the Marriott I'm amazed. There's something about the intimacy of that theater that just gets me. Everybody just seems to LOVE being up there.

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't love to be up there someday. I always said that I would be so happy just being a worship leader and directing community theatre and maybe just doing some Marriott stuff. Even just a show.
Who knows though? Maybe God's got other plans. Either way, I'm excited to see what they are.

P.S. I would say go see the show, but sadly it closes today (Since it's already Sunday technically) also...nobody reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment