Thursday, December 31, 2009

Everybody in the world will disappoint you at some point or another, and you will disappoint them right back.

Everybody in the world will disappoint you at some point or another, and you will disappoint them right back.

That is frankly a bit amazing and AWESOME to me. I know it's weird that I find it awesome that everybody will disappoint me but it is. I believe the single biggest difference between humans and God is that God will never disappoint you but humans are unable to juggle caring for more than one person without dropping something at some point.

God loves us all... unconditionally... and knows how to. We don't know how to love because we have been hurt so we live with a guard up. We do not love unconditionally. There are conditions to our love. Everybody has conditions to their love. Parents love their kids no matter what, yes... but if that child betrays the family... the love becomes very different. Those are the facts. It is nothing PERSONAL or sensitive... it's merely the way we work because we have been HURT.

GOD, on the other hand loves us with unconditional love. Nothing we can do can change how much he loves us and how much he does to make things turn out the best way they can. What is so INCREDIBLE to me is that we disappoint God every day. We are greedy, deceitful, unloving, judgmental, and down right DIRTY every single day. (Disregarding the fact that dirty is usually attached to a sexual connotation)
We live our lives of conditioned love and in doing so, we hurt people. Having been hurt we keep our love conditioned which causes more hurt and the cycle continues.
GOD lives with unconditional love for all of us which is why we are never hurt by him. (Though some may argue that at the time... I can't think of a time where God did something and I still believe it wasn't the best way things could have turned out)

I feel GREAT knowing I can HONESTLY say that I love the Lord UNCONDITIONALLY. However, I have to honestly say I do not love the Lord with unconditional affection. I can not show God I love him LIKE I do. I know I do, and he knows I do but my heart is hardened and has a case around it because of my bitterness towards having been let down and so other things take priority. They SHOULDN'T... but they do.

As we come into this new year, THAT is what I want to focus on. Showing God I love him LIKE I love him. I'm holding onto the fact that God is the only person in the world who CAN love me unconditionally and I want to show that in return. I'm gonna fail... but I really want to TRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment